Can we have a NEW section for "Macbook for newbies?"

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by AreYouAMac, Oct 26, 2009.

1. AreYouAMac macrumors regular

It seems like everyday we have a: "How do I transfer data to my new mac?" ~ "Should I drain my battery on my new mac" ~ "Can I use Windows Software on my new mac"

PLEASE GUYS - SEARCH! It's there for a reason. It's not just a button to look cute. Or a button to fill up blank space. It actually works. If you know how to use Google, than you will now how to use SEARCH.

Everything has been answered DOZENS of times. No need to waste space on a limited bandwidth.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This would be better served in the site and forum feedback.

3. AreYouAMac thread starter macrumors regular

Yea - Sorry I should have...but it seems like these posts keep showing up on the Macbook Pro section. It's annoying when you try to read actual posts of REAL problems when every 1 or 2 threads have something with transfering data, what to do with battery, can I use this or that.

But the best one ever.... "Will this be enough power for me?"

4. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

Or the perennial: I've had my MBP for 17hours and my battery is now at 5443.3333459339mAh (give capacity to nearest nanoWatt, like any of those percentages are anywhere near accurate), is this normal?

:)

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

It makes my heart swell when I see a new "first things to do with macbook pro?" with the scant message body of "hey guys I just got my new macbook pro like its been out the box for the 19 second bootup and I havn't taken the time to look around for anything soo....what do I need to do to it to make it better?" as if there is some voodoo magic involved with os x/apple hardware (barring extreme hacking)

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

If everyone searched and no repetitious questions were asked, 95% of this forum would be dead. If you don't like to see the same thread topics pop up over and over again, stop reading those sections.

7. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Yes it would be nice if half the people would make a half hearted attempt to search, since their questions are easily answered. But i expected the extra high level of newbie laziness, since i figured the 13" pro would attract even more teens