Can we hope early delivery in other country ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pookitoo, Apr 16, 2015.

1. pookitoo macrumors regular

pookitoo

Hello,

i'm in France and i'm depressed to see all of you from US with your macbook :p

I wanted to anticipate the new macbook and i sold my macbook air 2013 2 week before the launch. The april 10 i go to the apple store, happy to go back with a new macbook and pam... Nothing.. I read the forum and i understood it was for the rest of the world the same and i order one online.

So, I tell you a little of my life but i want to ask you :
    Can we hope early delivery in other country ? Because in the apple website : between the 4 and 11 may !!! (I know you are not medium, but for those who usually commands on the apple store)

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Hi, I reckon that we in Europe are unlikely to see early delivery as such, but from previous experience, we will probably have them nearer the earlier of the 2 dates provided as a delivery estimate, in my case around the 8th May rather than 15th May.

It's a damned nuisance but there is nothing we can do except wait patiently. It would probably help to just forget about it for the next two to three weeks. :)

3. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

I'm French too and I ordered mine @ 9:07 as I, like you, was at the AppleStore Cap3000 hopping to come back with a MBr...
    My order is scheduled between the 11 to the 18 so let's hope they can send them earlier.

What you can do is to order a computer from Amazon.fr and send it back in 30 days :)
    They will charge you 2€ for the shipping return, that's it!

4. crucius macrumors regular

I ordered my base model in Grey via Apple Online Store at 8:15 (GMT, Portugal). Delivery date is 11-18 May. Sure hope to have it sooner, since I sold my mid-2010 13'' MBP and I'm desperate.

Anyway, I will be exchanging it for a 1.2/512 (you can do it for free if you ordered via Apple Online Store).

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Don't you have to return one (within 14 days) for a refund and order the replacement separately?

6. pookitoo thread starter macrumors regular

pookitoo

Yes , it's interesting to know, because the first day i've order a 1.2 512, and finally i want the 1.3 512. But when i order a new one the date are not the same ! 3 weeks more...

7. crucius macrumors regular

Yes, but I expect that by early June Apple will be able to deliver the rMBs faster, and therefore I wouldn't have to way more than a few days to get it! Besides, they return the amount, so I can just go elsewhere and buy one of the available units some stores may have (I won't do it, though, because in that way I wouldn't benefit from the educational discount).