Can we still stand in line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JOHNGAETANO, Sep 14, 2015.

1. JOHNGAETANO macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

Unlike the Apple Watch, I assume we can still get in line at the store to obtain a new 6s?

2. DeApp1e macrumors 6502

DeApp1e

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Very unlikely, especially on launch day, they will be busy serving all the reserved pickup and activation. The queues set up, if any, would likely be for those with reservations.

I remember for the 6/6+ launch, they only allowed online reservations and pickups too. For weeks after launch, there were no walk-ins to buy.

4. billnye97 macrumors regular

They always have a reservation line and non-reservation line. You will be able to queue up if you don't have one.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's been no word from Apple if there was a change in policy regarding the iPhone. I wouldn't be surprised to see some people camping out in front of an apple store at this point

6. meikdunj macrumors member

I've always been able to stand in line for an iPhone on launch day and I don't believe this launch is any different. The non-reservation line has always been significantly longer.

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

This is so inaccurate. I was at the Mall on Launch day last year discovered they had stock and the line was short and picked up a Six with no problem.

8. mixstar336 macrumors regular

There will be limited supply. The reservation email mentions the ability to get a different phone if it is in stock. Also, some people might have made more than one reservation and/or miss their window. If that happens, a small amount of phones will continue to become available throughout the day.

I am one of the jerks that reserved 2 as I wasn't sure what my day looked like at the time reservations went live....I cannot cancel one of the reservations now so one of the phones will become available.

9. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Its Gonna be Insanity, I reserved last Year for the iPhone 6 and they Ran Out claiming Apple Sent them less, than expected. Made A Huge Fuss and at&t Ended Up Gifting me a Free iPhone 6 and a month free service, and no 2 year Contract.

So even if you reserve good luck

10. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Was that at an AT&T store or an Apple Store?

11. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

However there were lines for the people who missed the pre-order boat and wanted to stand in line, apple employees then gave you a reservation pass for it so. So technically those were the walk-in people who wanted to buy the phone on that day. And I stood in that long line.