Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simondfer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
yeah, I go though all steps to buy a macbook, well, I just want to know if they will charge two credit card for one item. but I don't see the option. dell allows us to use two credit card, why apple doesn't? so, we have to call them everytime we buy something over credit limited?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
From the Apple Online Store

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 758

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Why would you want to use 2 credit cards:confused:

No offense, but why would it matter? :confused: What he does with his money/credit, is his business.

Some people, like myself, prefer to pay half cash (via debit card) and half credit, if credit is used. Others have to split it out for various reasons. Like perhaps he has a gift card he wants to use (with the Visa logo on it) and then pay the rest with his own credit/debit card.

Which BTW is possible on Apple's site.

L

Lau

Also, he may have two credit cards each with a $1000 limit, and want to buy a $1500 computer.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
No offense, but why would it matter? :confused: What he does with his money/credit, is his business.

Some people, like myself, prefer to pay half cash (via debit card) and half credit, if credit is used. Others have to split it out for various reasons. Like perhaps he has a gift card he wants to use (with the Visa logo on it) and then pay the rest with his own credit/debit card.

Which BTW is possible on Apple's site.

This is just the first time I've ever heard of using two credit cards for the same item, and I just wanted to know why;)

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
yeah, I go though all steps to buy a macbook, well, I just want to know if they will charge two credit card for one item. but I don't see the option. dell allows us to use two credit card, why apple doesn't? so, we have to call them everytime we buy something over credit limited?

See, it's strange, because I could have sworn using two credit cards was an option online (during checkout.. there was a link to "Use Two Credit Cards") when I bought something a few months ago, but when I went to buy my MBP just last week, I couldn't find it. I thought perhaps it was because I was going through the developer store, but couldn't understand why.

The only suggestion I have would be to maybe call Apple.. perhaps when placing an order over the phone they could process two cards?

Oh, and to dextertangocci: using credit cards doesn't necessarily mean you're actually paying with credit. While of course it could, in my case I wanted to pay out of two debit accounts (paypal and my bank account).

Dubba

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
Nairobi, Kenya
See, it's strange, because I could have sworn using two credit cards was an option online (during checkout.. there was a link to "Use Two Credit Cards") when I bought something a few months ago, but when I went to buy my MBP just last week, I couldn't find it. I thought perhaps it was because I was going through the developer store, but couldn't understand why.

The only suggestion I have would be to maybe call Apple.. perhaps when placing an order over the phone they could process two cards?

Oh, and to dextertangocci: using credit cards doesn't necessarily mean you're actually paying with credit. While of course it could, in my case I wanted to pay out of two debit accounts (paypal and my bank account).

xfiftyfour - I had the same experience - I saw the two credit card option on the normal store, but couldn't find it on the ADC store. Strange.

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2006
Omaha, NE
Im sure you could do it over the phone no problem.

If they won't let you, put the whole thing on your credit card and then immediately after its posted, send a payment for half the order. That way you minimize interest (if you have a balance past the initial no interest grace period) on the part you want to pay cash to avoid interest.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR

The ADC Store is a sub-set of the Apple Business Store, and doesn't accept two payment methods. It also doesn't accept Apple Gift Cards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.