Can Xcode activate 4/5 finger gestures?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eagleglen, Mar 10, 2011.

1. eagleglen, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I've read that Xcode was necessary for developers to activate the 4 and 5 finger gestures in the beta releases of iOS 4.3. Apple has just made Xcode available to everyone through the Mac app store. Does anyone know if it can still be used to activate the gestures in the final release version of 4.3? Or was the code for the 4/5 finger gestures completely removed from the final release?

Here is a link describing what I'd like to do. http://www.macstories.net/ipad/how-to-enable-multi-touch-gestures-on-ios-4-3-for-ipad/

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

(1) xcode3 is still available to anyone, just sign up (free) and download. You could pay $5 for xcode4, but if it's only for the gestures, why?

(2) Yes, the gestures are there in the final release version.

You might want to look for the other OS 4.3 gesture thread that's live today, it should answer any of the other questions you have.

3. eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Thanks for the information. I know if probably seems foolish, but I think using a gesture instead of the home button will be a huge improvement to iOS, and I don't mind paying for a sneak preview. It's similar to the large number of non-developers that have paid the $99 fee for the complete developer license just to receive beta updates.