Can you 3D Touch the top with one hand?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yalag, Sep 28, 2015.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

Because I can't. I have normal sized man hands and I have the 6s. But I just don't see how you can 3D Touch the top rows of apps with just one hand.

Anyone found a solution? Yes I know I can rearrange them but its visually weird to have all the least used apps sit at the very top.

2. Uguubot macrumors member

Uguubot

double tap the home button and all the apps will slide down and be more accessible.

3. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

Just use reachability if it's necessary

4. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

I can force touch the top row of my apps. It's not the easiest thing, but I can definitely do it. I have average sized hands, 6'2" tall.

5. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok but is this what everyone is doing? I just thought kinda weird Apple designed it this way

6. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

7. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I almost always use two hands, but I don't really use the 3D Touch feature on the app icons. I just really see the need as of now

8. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

FYI, if you go into Settings >> Accessibility >> 3D Touch, you can set the sensitivity (just three levels, Light/Medium/Firm), but the default is Medium, so you have at least on setting that sets 3D Touch to require less force (probably helpful where you don't have the best leverage).

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I've been a two-handed iPhone user since the first one came out.

10. HippieMagic macrumors 6502

I can fairly easily. All I have to do is use my pinky to hold the bottom of the phone enough to push on it. I don't know why you'd make a huge deal double tapping(not pressing) the home button makes it really simple if you're struggling.