Can you add a cell signal stength complication to face?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LGIR627, Sep 22, 2017.

1. LGIR627 macrumors member

I could have sworn I've seen some watch faces that have the 4 dots showing cell signal strength, but I just looked around and the only way I could check was swiping up? I tried a couple different faces.

2. mk313 macrumors 6502a

I that no it's the explorer face that has the cell strength

3. ragman macrumors newbie

I signed up for the ATT plan , which is working nicely, however, the cell strength indicator does not appear on the Explorer watchface.

4. twennywonn macrumors regular

Its kinda a bummer but it only shows if you are not near your phone.

5. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

Signal strength is in the control center as well just a general note.

6. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

It won’t show up if you’re connected to your phone or WiFi.

7. urbanwoodsman macrumors member

You can’t be connected to wifi and your phone has to be away from you or in airplane mode. I was confused as well. It took the watch about a minute to figure everything out and go from the red X to the green status dots. This is definitely not how I thought all this would work. I assumed you’d be able to turn off Bluetooth/WiFi on your phone and the watch would connect to LTE. Also, I figured you’d be able to turn off Bluetooth/WiFi on the actual watch as well to save battery life. I guess that’s not how any of this works.

8. TheColtr macrumors 6502

Bluetooth and WiFi will save a lot of battery over LTE. That’s why Apple is really trying to keep the watch off of LTE as much as possible to preserve battery life. It’s more of a backup that you use sperringly, rather than something that is running in the background 24/7. I too was disappointed when I found out the watch wasn’t connected to LTE all the time.

9. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Well you can have cellular active all the time but your battery just won't last very long. Just disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your watch to test but you will want to switch back very soon as you watch your watch battery drain.

Dave