Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evilgreg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
I restored my iPod and re-jailbreaked it, and now my RSA host key is different so I can't access the system through SFTP. How can I manually browse the system files without using this?

Dublo7

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Perth, Australia.
If the host key is different, you should be able to continue and get a new host key. Just press YES or CONTINUE when the popup message comes up.

WildPalms

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Sorry, I didnt answer your question. I have added all of my applications (except for SummerBoard) via Installer and using additional sources. I now have my own source server, so I can place the apps there and install from my iTouch©

WildPalms

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2006
Honolulu, HI
How do you do this? I am on a MacBook.

Go into Terminal.
type 'cd' : this will take you into your home folder. Alternatively, type 'cd /Users/<your username>' (replace <your username> with your username)

type 'cd .ssh' to enter the ssh directory which is hidden (a dot before the name means hide me)

type 'mv known_hosts known_hosts_backup' to rename the known_hosts file which effectively disables all previous ssh keys (rather than delete, rename for possible later use)

Now try to ssh into your iTouch

jepaz

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
USA
Or you can simply open your Web browser and type this:

/Users/your_username_here/.ssh/known_hosts

then enter, it will open a new finder window and delete that file.

Note: Replace your_username_here with your user login name

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.