Can you add maps to Red Alert 3 on Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Zephyras, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Zephyras macrumors newbie

Hey,

Quick question, can you add maps to Red Alert 3 on Mac? I can't locate any folders to put the maps in.

Cheers

2. smacky! macrumors member

yes

i would imagine - prolly works similiar to the last two cnc mac ports; go to User>Library>Preferences>RA3 (or w/e it's called)>p drive>My Documents>RA3>etc and look for Maps or Custom Maps folder - likely, it has to go into Maps, and you'll see the maps you put in under 'Skirmish - Official Maps' and not 'Unofficial' (if that's how it shows it).

Cider-ized; so it has essentially the SAME gaem files/structure as it's windoze counterpart, but 'fit' into OS X. User-specific files are located in Preferences, Game/System specific file are in the App itself (right-click, Show Package Contents).

Since i no have RA3 for the mac (and will not buy due to the lack of mod support for the mac port - third time EA! -wankers), i can't verify, but this is USUALLY how it's done. hope this helps!:D

3. Zephyras thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, I hadn't found those folders till you enlightened me :)

Unfortunately, I navigated through User-Library-Preferences-RA3 Preferences-P_Drive-User-My Documents-Red Alert 3 but found no map or custom maps folder -

Do you think I should create them myself? and if so, what should I call them?

Thanks

4. smacky! macrumors member

awesome!

i may not know much, but gaming on a mac is my 4 course meal! ok, yes, make the CM folder - hopefully you've done that and it's all shown up? also, head over to Insanely Mac - they may have some answers in the forum. I'm swamped with work right now (thankfully!), so i can't really help out for a few more days (ok, Sunday at the earliest), but i'll keep an eye in this thread and update when i can.

ever since i found out about the way the files were splayed out, i poke around like a madman now! haha! :p

5. Snowyowl macrumors newbie

I've tried your methods and many more aswell but with no luck. Has anyone actually got custom maps to work? (I'm playing Red Alert 3 Uprising, but I couldn't add maps to the vanilla version either.)

6. plokoonpma, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011

plokoonpma macrumors member

plokoonpma

custom maps

Go here to download maps, they have very nice maps that don't crash and work nice!
    Drag the new maps (folders) here: From your user, go to:Library/preferences/command & conquer red alert preferences/p_drive/User/application data/red alert 3/maps

Hope it helps

7. kondaman macrumors newbie

Umm.. Go where? I cant find any links or url's from ur post. Thanks for the info bout the map locations though, found them!

8. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter