All iPads Can you add tethering to AT&T Unlimited plan and how much does it cost if so ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by max2, Feb 17, 2017.

1. max2 macrumors 68000

Sorry AT&T live chat won't work :( If I had to guess this may not be possible.

2. max2 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I was able to find out with AT&T live chat thanks.

3. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

if you mean the original AT&T unlimited data plan came out with the original iPad, then no, tethering is not supported, unless you jailbreak your ipad

4. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

None of AT&T's unlimited plans officially support tethering.

The only unlimited plan that includes tethering (though it isn't supposed to) is a tablet line on the new unlimited plan.

5. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

They are now offering a 1 gb tablet plan for unlimited customers for $10/mo with $15/gb overages fee. They have also always had 5 gbs tethering plan for $50/mo as an option for unlimited users.

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

They've been offering the 1GB plan since the beginning, or at least very shortly after. My parents switched from the old unlimited plan to the new one last January and I added a tablet line when they did. 1GB for $10 was an option I could have picked instead of unlimited.

7. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

I can't speak for the new UDP, but for the old one with original iPad, you can put it in a mobile hotspot device and there you can get tethering right way

8. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

That's not officially allowed, though, and I was specifically talking about tethering with the device you're using your data plan with, not a dedicated hotspot device.

Still, that's always nice you can do that, especially since the old iPad unlimited plan is never throttled.