Can you adjust the keyboard backlight sensitivity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by csmitty, Aug 23, 2009.

1. csmitty macrumors regular

Just got a new MBP 15" AG this week and was wondering if you can adjust the sensitivity of the keyboard backlight. It seems to come on even in a fairly well lit room and I mainly only need it in a completely dark room. So I find myself hitting the backlight keys to turn it off and then whenever it wakes from sleep goes back to full bright. Didn't find anything in the keyboard preferences and found a program called Lab Tick which will take care of the level on wake. But as far as sensitivity at a loss so far so was looking for some help for a new Pro owner. Thanks!

2. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I don't think so. I've just learned to live with it in the week and a half that I've had mine. I just adjust it manually.

3. milan.smart macrumors newbie

thats a fail. i have the same problem, apple should do something with it.. i mean why there is a light sensor if its not working right and one have to turn it off and on manualy :/

4. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

5. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

Yeah, I've actually been asked by people why the 'keyboard light' was on in such a brightly lit room.

The light sensor seems to be way off for what I would consider ambient light conditions to enable the backlight, but whatever. Its easy enough to turn off or dim so I don't think about it much anymore...

6. milan.smart macrumors newbie

yes, i can turn it off by the F5 function key and I also think it can be turned off in system preferences..
    well mac was quite expensive computer for me so i was expecting it to work well, but actually i still keep hitting some problems.
    why the light sensor cant remember when i turn the illumination off so next time it could set the illumination automatically based on my previous setting. that would be great. now its useless :/