Can you AirPlay to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simm0nS777, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

I have a Dell with Windows XP on it. With the current iTunes can I airplay music to my computer? or only an Apple TV? The remote app is crap and constantly disconnects and eventually wont reconnect. I was hoping this is an alternative. I am at work so I cannot try it right now so I figured I'd ask to cure my curiosity.

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No you can't Airplay to iTunes. Hopefully Apple will allow this in the future.

3. patp Guest

should work fine as long as you have a healthy wi fi network and the latest version of iTunes. The iOS device should have the latest version os.

sometimes on my Iphone 4 the airplay icon dissapears. The only fix is to reboot - very annoying. never had that happen with my Ipod Touch or Ipad.

4. Simm0nS777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

surprised you cant do that. not even jailbroken? Wouldnt be a big deal if the remote app didnt completely blow.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

being jailbroken won't help. iTunes just doesn't have the needed Airplay receiving stuff.

6. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I had the same issue with it sometimes just not connecting, rather often actually. I just allowed all incoming connections on the firewall and it works flawlessly.

7. Simm0nS777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks Ill try that. They still got rid of the stay connected option which was a really nice feature. No idea why they would dump that.