Can you alphabetize Photos on the Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moviecouple, Mar 1, 2008.

1. moviecouple macrumors regular

I noticed that once a folder of photos is on the touch that the individual pictures on not in alphabetical order. They seem to be in the order of when they were first put into the folder. Is there a way to change this so they are actually in alphabetical order?

Example: I have a folder of Photos called "Movie Posters"... and inside that are 5 Posters... Hellboy 2/Indiana Jones 4/Iron Man/Speed Racer/The Dark Knight... on the Touch, they are out of order and seem to be by when I first downloaded them into the actual Movie Poster folder.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

To my knowledge, the iPod touch is programmed by iTunes to arrange your photos by 'last modified date'.

Because this is an internal process by iTunes, during syncing the device, this cannot be prevented or changed at this given time.

R-Fly

3. Kylegier macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem. Have you figured out a solution to this yet?

This is on an iPhone 3G. (iOS 4)

On my old iPhone 2G the photos would always be in alphabetical order just as they are in the folders on my computer

4. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Nope. There isn't any way to change the interaction that is incorporated into the software, sorry.

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

That's kinda stupid but it's not that big of a deal.... at least to me.