Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I sure don't... How can 6 months pass by so fast ?
Just 4-6 more months until the iPhone 5S
Hopefully it will include 32GB 13MP camera
2GB ram..quad core..better speakers and battery.

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA

Keep dreaming my friend, those specs WON'T happen.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Keep dreaming my friend, those specs WON'T happen.

13 MP seems realistic.
Better speakers? Maybe.
2 GB RAM? With iOS 7 expected to be a big upgrade and more and more high-end smartphones getting 2GB of RAM, it is very well possible.

Quad-core CPU? Difficult to predict. I think it is possible, because Apple is now using their OWN developed CPU architecture. Generally, architectures only change once every two years. So to get a speed bump this year you can do two things:

- Increase clock speeds
- Double cores

The first option gives you at best 1.5x faster speeds, while the second option gives you 2x faster speeds.

Quad-core CPU is not unrealistic...

;)

Tyrion

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2002
I sure can, because current flagships have better specs and better screens. Bring on the iPhone 6, skip the puny 5S.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
I don't care if its six months old. I'm happy with the phone as is. iOS 6 being a disappointment is probably the only thing I don't like about the phone. Apple better not disappoint with iOS 7.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
13 MP seems realistic.
Better speakers? Maybe.
2 GB RAM? With iOS 7 expected to be a big upgrade and more and more high-end smartphones getting 2GB of RAM, it is very well possible.

Quad-core CPU? Difficult to predict. I think it is possible, because Apple is now using their OWN developed CPU architecture. Generally, architectures only change once every two years. So to get a speed bump this year you can do two things:

- Increase clock speeds
- Double cores

The first option gives you at best 1.5x faster speeds, while the second option gives you 2x faster speeds.

Quad-core CPU is not unrealistic...

;)

Poeple are exspecting iOS7 to be a big upgrade? First i've heard of it, most people are exspecting a cosmetic overhaul and hoping with not much hope for a functionality change.

beMaC

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Poeple are exspecting iOS7 to be a big upgrade? First i've heard of it, most people are exspecting a cosmetic overhaul and hoping with not much hope for a functionality change.

Well saying as the OS could be completely redesigned cosmetically, maps revamped and maybe a few new softwares features thrown in. Who knows?

mapledress

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
Wow, how time flies. Samsung have released the galaxy s4 now.
Just curious about when will Apple announce the iPhone 5s.

----------

I hope so, especially the 13MP camera. :p

ajumbaje

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2005
VA
I was thinking of getting an iPhone 5 in the next month or two, but I am eligible to upgrade in July. That and I want to see what happens at WWDC

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
I doubt that Apple will have a quad core chip for the 5S. A faster in house A7 dual core chip makes more sense. 13 MP seems feasible (especially to compete with the S4)

You have to remember that Android devices are slow without a powerhouse chip because Android is not an optimized platform.

As for RAM. I think that it's still going to be 1GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.