Can you buy lion with store credit? HELP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chillyournuts, Oct 20, 2011.

1. chillyournuts macrumors newbie

Is it possible to buy Mac osx lion with itunes store credit?
    this is urget so i need help quick
    thanks in advance! :D
    :apple:

2. Farthen macrumors member

Yes you can. Just use the same Apple ID for the Mac App Store as you use for your iTunes Store account.

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

It depends on the type of credit. I have 3 song credits and every time I buy an app it would ask me if I wanted to pay because I couldn't use the credits to pay for apps. This was a good thing because it gave me another safety net before money would actually change hands. There was a time when restoring apps meant "buying" them again and you wouldn't find out until after you "buy" them whether it was going to cost anything. Leaving these credits sitting in iTunes gave me a safety net so if I didn't get the "you already bought this would you like to download again?" I had another chance to back out. Happily things are better now and you can go to purchased items to redownload things rather than "buying" them again. If there is a type of store credit that can be used for apps, I'm not aware of it because the credits I had won't work for apps.

hope this helps...

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Yes. At the time I downloaded and installed Lion I had an iTunes gift card that someone had given me, so I redeemed it and used that to purchase Lion.

5. TheNinjaJedi macrumors regular

TheNinjaJedi

You should be able to but it may be restricted based on your location. When app store first came out on iOS you could not buy apps with store credit in Canada due to tax issues.