Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
calebjohnston said:
http://www.calebjohnston.com

Address not found. It's all mine baby.

That doesn't mean it's not registered. If I register a domain but say for instance don't point it anywhere or do anything with it, you'll get the same error.

Same thing with the blank page...it doesn't mean it's registered or not...

You can't check just by typing them in, you have to go to a registrar such as register.com (don't buy from them, just to check) and see if it's actually registered.

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
When I went looking to set up a personal web site (a few years back) I found that the .com domain name corresponding to my first and last name was already taken. The .name version was free, however, and so that's what I use now.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Mine is available and I'm fairly sure it will *always* be available. I know almost everybody with my last name (at least as far as the internet shows with people with my last name).

Of course I also own silentpanda.net. I had .com but it expired and I didn't renew it and so some random URL camping company took it. I've actually registered a few really odd domain names just to have a URL camping company register it... it's rather poor entertainment for $5 or so I guess...

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Jaffa Cake said:
Mine's available as .com, .net and .co.uk. The options are endless!

It's nice to have a name that's not that common. :)

Yeah, I don't know of anyone else called Jaffa Cake ;)

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I bought the .com of my name last year, and I'll probably get the .co.uk one next month. Not that I'll use that one, but its nice to have the option!

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
I own my online name hckyso.com and my last name joyce at joyceandcompany.com, it was sapposed to be for my father's business in architecture but that site never really got off the ground did it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.