Can you change the boot logo on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Trevornewell, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Trevornewell macrumors member

Well ya can you? I was going to try but don't want to mess anything up by trying it and having it fail.

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Nope. Not yet. I have tried everything I could think of thus far, and it looks like the iPad is SOL for now. Gonna have to wait for a Dev.

3. Shunnabunich macrumors regular

Shunnabunich

I don't even pretend to know jack about such things, but I remember reading that this new JailbreakMe.com jailbreak is what's called a "userland" exploit, meaning that, unlike most previous jailbreaks where you had to get PwnageTool and do all sorts of voodoo magic to an iOS software update package, it doesn't get in through the bootloader, but rather a security hole in an already-running OS. Maybe that limits the scope of what can be done to the iPad? (i.e. we can't get at the bootloader because the iPad 2's bootloader still hasn't been cracked open yet, or something to that effect — we can only use tweaks which take effect after boot)

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

iH8sn0w submitted a package to modmyi that'll allow animated boot logos. It should be in Cydia any day now.