Can You Clean Too Much....?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Josheua, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Josheua macrumors regular

Hello All, haven't dropped by for a while (too busy enjoying OSX and all the goodies it has hidden around in different places) but i was wondering. Is it possible to clean your system TOO much. I use iKlear about 2 to 3 times a day (to remove dust and such) on the palm rests (using he including spray and cleaning cloth) and clean the screen every day. Any advice would be useful.

Thanks All.

-Josheua :apple:

2. ViveLeLivre macrumors regular

ViveLeLivre

The chemicals in iKlear (I don't care how mild the stuff is) as well as the abrasion from frequent cleanings will damage your MacBook much faster than the oil/air/dust/dirt accumulation from normal, careful use. iKlear should be used once a week tops.

Your MacBook won't stay pristine forever no matter how careful you are. Get a grip man.

3. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

You know how in those old scrooge mcduckcartoons, scrooge mcduck would pace around and eventually there would be this ring hole in the ground? Imagine that on your palm rests.

4. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

dude, you dont need liquid stuffs to clean your MBP

just use keyboard cover and don't touch the screen, and your MBP will always looks new

if there is dusts in your LCD, just gently blow it with your mouth, liquid stuffs never good for any case

5. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I use this about once a month

[​IMG]

And the compressed air suggestion to keep crumbs and crud out of the keyboard.

6. AndyFL macrumors regular

If you're that OCD about your computer, how often do you clean your house?!:) Seriously though, yeah that's too much -- likely to invoke some pattern of 'cleaning wear' by rubbing it so much.