Can You connect basic Macbook to Samsung LN-T3253H????

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nor2socal, Aug 14, 2008.

1. nor2socal macrumors newbie

2. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

It should.

You either need the mini-DVI to VGA adapter and then use a VGA cable between that adapter and the TV's PC input or you need a mini-DVI to DVI adapter (which comes with the MacBook) and then use a DVI to HDMI cable and connect it to the HDMI input.

3. Floyd1234 macrumors newbie

I have a macbook, and the same television. It works fine, but it is a little fuzzy because the macbook's gfx card is not top knotch. Then again, I was using a VGA cord because it was cheaper. YMMV on a DVI connection.

It works well as a secondary screen, or a primary screen. But close up you can definitely tell it is fuzzy. Far away the picture is fine.

Do yourself a favor and see if you can get your hands on a full sized keyboard if you plan to have a base station worked out. I found the small wireless portable one to be a little odd to get used to. Now with my Imac I much prefer the full sized one.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yes you can, I just took a look at the native resolution and its actually just a little bit bigger than the MacBook's lcd screen, which is 1280x800. this is 1366x768, relatively the same pixel count.

Use DVI and the picture quality goes through the roof, VGA also works. All you need is the appropriate adapter (mini-DVi to VGA/DVI). and a DVI to HDMI.

For the keyboard, you can't connect directly to the TV, but to the computer. This display works great as a primary or secondary display. The USB port isnt for keyboard/mice as described in the article.