Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S-Man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Houston
I have recorded several lectures on my iPhone using iDicto and the format is .aiff
I would really like to convert them to .mp3 so that I can put them on a CD and use them in my car and whatnot.
IS there a way/tool to convert .aiff to .mp3?
Thanks in advance!

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Just use iTunes, set the import function to whatever version of MP3 you want, and use the "Create MP3 version" in the Advanced menu.

It'll create an MP3 in addition to your .aiff.

3FLryan

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
WinterMute is right, just do it in iTunes. Make sure iTunes is set to import songs in .mp3 format though, or else it will give you another format to change it to.

EDIT: Oh...sorry, I guess I misread your post WinterMute. Whoops!

Emsigemsi

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2009
Where?

Just use iTunes, set the import function to whatever version of MP3 you want, and use the "Create MP3 version" in the Advanced menu.

Where can I set the import function to whatever version of MP3 i want? :apple:

gvdv

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2007
Audacity is also supposed to be good
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac

It is made for both PC and Mac, and I have used the PC version for editing my digital recorders mp3 files; it is really simple and easy to use. I have been looking around for an MP3 programme other than iTunes to convert .aiff's and .WAV's to MP3 and found out that Audacity can export to MP3 (as long as one has the LAME MP3 Encoder also installed on your computer - a link to this encoder is posted on the Audacity homepage link that I have posted above).

Let us know how you get along.

Lamty

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013

Yep, iTunes get well for that. It can work in that case. But if there are other formats needed, it seems not the good way to do it. but some apps would work good.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Yep, iTunes get well for that. It can work in that case. But if there are other formats needed, it seems not the good way to do it. but some apps would work good.

So WinterMute has been sitting on pins and needles for 4½ years waiting on your response?:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.