Can you covert Android to Iphone?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Kit Ramos, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Kit Ramos macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I came here looking to see if any one knows if there's a program that will translate my android apps to iPhone ones.

I did just get me a mac mini that is running snow leopard on it, and I got the most current version of xcode running on it too.

but I'll have to admit I've not dealt with macs much, I got tons of experience in windows, some in linux, and a good handle on Android's Java code, as well as PHP, and JavaScript.

but I can see that it's all mute when I tried to figure out what's going on with apples objective c. so I was hoping there was some way I could solve this problem with out having to do a complete rewrite for the iPhones.
    I see a lot more posts and threads about going in the other direction, iPhone to Android; And even a mention in one of them that they thought it would be easier to do it the way I'm hopping to but I'm not having much luck actually finding anything

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

What type of app is it? Do a search for something called Titanium - that may be able to help you. But depending on the type of app, you may get better results by simply re-writing it...

RTP.

3. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Nope sorry no magic and not VMs allowed. A rewrite is needed if you want to do it.

4. firewood macrumors 604

VMs might be allowed (there's a C64 and a few others in the App store). But you have to write or port your own VM, JVM or interpreter, and bundle it in with your app. No downloading to a VM is allowed.

It's probably a ton easier to rewrite your code than to port any VM.

Some HTML5/Javascript might be cross-platform suitable.