Can you create a playlist on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by duelingdragons, Jul 2, 2009.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Or do you HAVE to sync it from iTunes first? =\

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Sync first from iTunes. Any playlist changes should come from iTunes then sync it.

EDIT: Genius too should be turned on from iTunes before you could play with it on your iPhone

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can make a smart playlist to only include 5-start song. And then you can add or remove songs from the list by changing their rating. :)

4. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

You can make an ad hoc ("on-the-go") playlist on the iPhone from whatever songs you have on the iPhone at the time. You can add songs to the on-the-go playlist one at a time or by artist, by album, etc. Just go to Playlists on your iPod and select On The Go and then make your picks and edit / save / cancel.

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Ah, I missed that. I apologize for the lack of info on my post above, thanks for the reminder guys.

6. jorgegabrieldn macrumors newbie

On-the-go playlist problem

You can make an "on-the-go" playlist from your iPhone but how can you do that without it being completely erased next time iTunes syncs the iPhone?? I spent quite a while making an on-the-go playlist only to have it vanish after I synced some podcasts into my iPhone. :mad:

7. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I find it ridiculous that you can't rename your on-the-go playlists from the iPhone. That always bugged me. The iPhone has a keyboard! Why can't we use it?

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

We are not worthy. :)

I'm guessing they'll give us stuff like this piece meal over time.

9. jorgegabrieldn macrumors newbie

I could live without renaming it, I'd just like to be able to keep the playlist on the phone for starters!

10. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

What sucks is that you're able to do this in the Remote app. You can create new playlists (and name them), and also edit existing playlists.

I wish Apple would build in ALL the features of the Remote app to the iPod app.

-Icons for playlists, plus song count underneath each playlist
    -Create/edit playlists
    -Playlist folders
    -Separate tabs for Movies, Music Videos, and TV Shows