Can you customize assistive touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gaanee, Jan 28, 2014.

1. gaanee macrumors 6502a

I have been using assistive touch for a while and it's a nice feature. I like the idea of touch screen home button but it only let you place it on the side (ideal location would be just above the real home button) Now is there a way to customize this feature and also have the lock screen button on the home screen?

2. liteshow macrumors regular

I use assistive touch all the time and it is a great feature.

I am able to place Assistive touch right at the bottom of the screen above the physical home button. Not sure why you can't

As for the lock screen button, that would be nice to customize that. I think the Lock Screen button should replace the Favourites Button, and Favourites Button should be inside the Devices Page.

3. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh ok, you mean on the dock, there it lets you put the home button anywhere but above the dock it goes only on the sides. When you keep in it there the home button is on top of the dock apps and also menus on Music app, so when you go to click on the menu, the assistive touch comes up.

4. liteshow macrumors regular

I see what you mean; AT is designed to only stick on to the perimeter of the screen.

Another thing to be able to customize is the time it take for AT to change from opaque to translucent. 5 secs is way too long.