Can you customize multi-touch gestures?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NovemberWhiskey, Jun 10, 2009.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I looked in the system preferences menu, and it seems like besides changing the right-click option, you cannot customize what the 3/4 finger swipes do.

For example: I'd like to customize the 4-finger swipe to switch spaces instead of switching applications.

Is there any software out there that allows you to customize the gestures? I've been using Firefox w/ the Firegestures add-on and that seems like a simple and brilliant program. Anything like it that works with the touchpad on the mac?

Also, when you are in expose, and the windows are tiled, can you close windows from the expose view, instead of selecting the window to bring it to the front, and then clicking the ''x"?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

As far as I'm aware, there's no system wide software out there, I would love it to be customisable too, it makes no sense to me, gestures are like the new "F" keys, they should be changeable...

3. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Multiclutch might be able to do it, but I don't feel like reinstalling it to see.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Nope, well at least partially. It works with 3-finger swipes, but not 4-finger ones. I wish I could change the four finger swipe too, I want to use it to change tabs in Firefox. :(

5. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

What sort of things can you do with the multi-touch? (PC user here! :))

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Expose (show all open windows), show the desktop, rotate/zoom, or you can use muitclutch and make the multitouch gesture do whatever you want in any specific program. :)

7. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Thanks! I'm not sure what all that means, but I'm learning. :)

Can it do a simple right-click?

8. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Two fingers on the trackpad, and click.

Or, if you have tap-to-click enabled, then a two-finger tap would do the job.

9. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Nice...

Thanks! :)