iPad mini Can you delete U2 album?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cottonjenn, Sep 14, 2014.

1. cottonjenn macrumors member

I found out this morning that I have the U2 album on my Mini as do others on their devices . What if you don't want if? I am not into their music and do not want it to shuffle in when I play my songs that I like. As nice a jester as this might be I don't want them in my library and neither does my husband. I like to choose the music in my library. I do not want music pushed on me that I don't want.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

It's linked to your account which is why Apple touted the 500 million free album giveaway. You do realize you don't have to download it, right? Go into settings -> Music -> turn off "show all music".

3. cottonjenn thread starter macrumors member

I didn't download it, it was there without me doing anything. It's in the cloud.

4. RebornProphet Suspended

I found that if you did download it or even a single track from it that the swipe to delete function didn't work. This was on iOS 8 GM for me, but I've spoken to others on iOS 7 who have same issue.

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

Correct, that's why I mentioned the part about Apple saying they were giving the album away to 500 million Apple users. It's in everybody's account. You don't have to download it because it became part of your account. There are quite a few who are upset at Apple for doing that. Personally I don't care because I don't have to download it and free is always good.