Can you differentiate if I upgrade my Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iGOOGLE, Mar 9, 2010.

1. iGOOGLE macrumors member

This is my Macbook pro 13" 2.26GHz....160GB....2GB RAM
    I will upgrade it to 500GB and 4GB RAM

Do you think you would feel better if you use this one ?
    13" 2.53GHz....250GB....4GB RAM
    Can you differentiate between both?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Who are you talking to? What difference does it make if anyone "feels better" about your computer? Of course there's a difference in the two configurations. Your post doesn't make any sense.

3. iGOOGLE thread starter macrumors member

I mean the speed. For example; if I install a large software or system like Windows 7

Would (13" 2.53GHz....250GB....4GB RAM) be faster than the one I want to upgrade ?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Still, what difference does it make how anyone else feels about your computer? If two systems have 4GB of RAM and the only difference is processor speed of 2.26GHz vs 2.53GHz, there's not a noticeable difference.

5. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

FFS cut him some slack, if he's from Saudi Arabia, English is probably a second language, and he just might be using the wrong word.

iGoogle, you are really unlikely to notice a difference in that small a change in processor speed. Certainly the amount of RAM you have and the Hard drive you use will have a much greater impact.

6. iGOOGLE thread starter macrumors member

Yes, that's what I want to know.

So the processor is not as important as the RAM. isn't it ?

7. oldgeezers940 macrumors regular

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Very true. RAM is far more important for most users.

9. iGOOGLE thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your respond. Yes I use English as a second language and Im learning English in the USA. But I really did not understand the first sentence you wrote (FFS cut him some slack) even after I searched at Google about it. Could you tell what it means, please ?

10. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

FFS means something explicit that you might wanna look up on urbandictionary.com...to 'cut him some slack' means to give you a break and stop being so harsh, because English is not your first language. :)

and yes, the processor speed of the same kind of processor (core 2 duo) doesn't matter to much. it would be a little different if it was arrandale or something...

11. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

When I decided I just got the 2.53GHz just for longevity and since this is my main machine.

I could use all the Mhz as I can get. I also run plex player with mkv files and since plex is processor intensive, I thought the higher clock was worth it. Oh and once the time to sell the mbp, the higher clock would sell quicker.

12. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Unless if you are rendering a lot of video or something, the CPU increase is negligible. We're talking something like a 5% increase in speed, if that.

Architecture changes in the CPU and cores are far more important than ghz these days

13. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

If you upgrade the first option to 500gb and 4gb Ram I would take the first, you'll notice a bigger difference between RAM increase then processor speed..