can you discover if a 3G has been maliciously jailbroken

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Use redsn0w to change the bootscreen to verbose or something (and make sure "already jailbroken" is checked). If that works, the device was already jailbroken

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Jersey Shore
exactly, i plan on restoring it, but before i do i want to see if its been altered first. as 'spyware' is illegal, if i find evidence its been altered.

SavMBP15

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
exactly, i plan on restoring it, but before i do i want to see if its been altered first. as 'spyware' is illegal, if i find evidence its been altered.
It seems like you are fishing for something, that if it is even there, would not amount to anything or than making something already terrible even worse.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
It seems like you are fishing for something, that if it is even there, would not amount to anything or than making something already terrible even worse.
very much agree w/ this point.

Just restore it and try to move on.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Step 1 restore iPhone as new add contacts back and everything eles.

Step 2 tell sister you looked it all over it's fine but you did a fresh install just to be safe. And she can relax.

Step 3 relax enjoy the fact your a good brother.

Restoring the phone as new will set it up with apple approved firmware only. Getting rid of any jailbreaks 100% if she wanted to jb after then you would just rejailbreak. Very easy on a 3G.