Can you display battery percentage charge iOS 7 ??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fricotin, Oct 1, 2013.

1. fricotin, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

fricotin macrumors regular

There is no longer an indicator to show when the battery is fully charged in iOS 7 (the little plug next to the battery indicator) It is possible to display the percentage with iPhones. Can it be done with an iPod 5.

2. rjlawrencejr macrumors 6502

I didn't realize anything had changed. Settings>General>Usage>Battery Percentage

3. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

That has always been iPhone only. The only time it shows on the Touch is when jailbroken (not sure how to do it under IOS 7).

4. fricotin thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't realize anything had changed. Settings>General>Usage>Battery Percentage

There is no such option.

5. defunct32 macrumors regular

Can you display battery percentage charge iOS 7 ??

Seriously? Why do I feel Apple is trying their best to move forward but taking many step backwards at the same time? iOS 7 feels like it's neither here nor there.

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

There has never been an option to display the battery percentage on an iPod Touch unless you jailbroke your Touch. It sounds like you don't like IOS 7 but it didn't remove this function.

7. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

See below without jailbreaking.

8. defunct32 macrumors regular

Oh yeah, my reply was just in distaste towards the general functions and futures of iOS 7, it was not in response to the battery percentage per se. And yes, I am aware the percentage feature was never on the iPod but there is a way to install it without jailbreaking though.

9. RMT25 macrumors member

Is this completely safe and permanent? I'm on warranty til April and might want a iOS 7 jailbreak when it comes out? Never jailbroken before either.

10. Superluigi6 Suspended

Superluigi6

Yeah I've heard of people doing that method. I'm afraid it could mess up something if I upgrade to the next OS (say, iOS 8). Plus, it's not Apple-certified, and basically it's going into the code of your iPod touch and adding code to it.

What I do is I enable Triple-tap Home Button to VoiceOver, so when I need to know the specific battery life, I enable it and tap on the battery icon to quickly get it. Triple-tap again to disable.

Enable this by going into Settings-General-Accessibility-Triple tap-VoiceOver.

11. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

As per the instructions make sure you Backup beforehand.

"2. Plug in your iPod Touch, Launch iTunes and create a current Backup of your iPod."

If you don't know what you are doing or you are not confident in using this software, I recommend you don't attempt it. I can only confirm it works in IOS7 and can be removed from the iPod when you do an install of software and setup it up as new iPod. Restoring from a backup of the mod will carry over the percentage each time. This is not a jailbreak but an option for those like myself wishing to have the percentage showing without jailbreaking the device. :)

12. piersv macrumors newbie

Although it seems to be impossible to permanently display battery percentage in iOS7 in iPad, remember if you press the Sleep/Wake button top right of the iPad, then press the Home button bottom center, the percentage battery left will show temporarily under the date.

Cumbersome, but a two-button way to check usage.

13. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I've never understood why a percentage display is so important. The battery icon is always present and gives you a general idea of the charge state, plus it turns red at 20% and issues a warning.

I use the Apple 12W charger and can fully charge my Touch in less than 30 minutes. Someday I should time it.