Can you do AT&T Next if ordering directly thru Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuyAZ, Sep 11, 2014.

1. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

This may have been asked already, threads are moving so fast on here, but does anyone know if when pre-ordering through Apple's website if you can choose the Next plan or do you have to order through AT&T directly?

2. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

3. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

What about if you want to trade in your old Next device to get the new Next device(iPhone 6)? From what I'm seeing, Apple won't let that happen from their site. Only from AT&T's

4. Reminisce32, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

Reminisce32 macrumors regular

Reminisce32

Heres my convo with an ATT Rep:

Me: ok. and can I preorder through apple with the ATT Next program or must it be through ATT's website?

Nicholas W.: It has to be through ATT.COM.
    Nicholas W.: Was there anything else I can help you with today?

Me: Are you sure? it lets me pickATT Next as an agreement in the Apple Store application
    Me: as a purchase option

Nicholas W.: It may show up but to get the Next plan completely you would order with AT&T.

Me: so what would happen if I did the ATT Next option through the apple website

Nicholas W.: We can't guarantee that the option is available on the site. For Next, it is recommended to purchase on ATT.COM.

5. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Jesus seems like no one anywhere knows jack. I called Apple and the lady said that yes, you can do Next through Apple.com when pre-ordering, that it's an option on one of the screens as you go through the process. But the chat guy you talked to said otherwise.

I would much rather go through Apple especially now that they announced you can do in-store pickup when you pre-order. Guess we'll see tonight.

6. inthecup macrumors regular

They lied to me also .. The option is already on the apple app page

7. dndandrea macrumors 6502

What information will I need to provide about my AT&T account when pre-ordering the iPhone 6 with NEXT through Apple? I assume they will need some type of credit card verification since it will be adding payment to the account holder's bill. Do i need to verify the credit card, or just the user/pass & last 4 of social security?

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The option is there on the Apple Store app.

Attached Files:

9. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

That was something I was wondering myself and someone on a different post said the option was now there, so I want to go check.

11. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Just go to apple.com and try it.

Here are screen prints showing you can do it