Can you do some sort of macro filter on digg.com.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kavika411, Oct 20, 2008.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thanks for reading this. I emailed a digg email address and got no response, and I can't find anything on their site nor on the web generally.

I've always liked digg. I found it somewhat bothersome when the top ten stories became increasingly - to the point of exclusively - concerned with politics. Fine; so I started going to the categories, such as technology, to look at the top ten stories there. When political stories began to fill up those top ten lists, I got really frustrated. For example, the technology list may have "Obama iPhone app a huge success," or "McCain once voted in favor of restricting internet."

I like politics as much as the next guy. I go to CNN, foxnews and huffingtonpost among others for political news. But I really miss the days when digg was not owned - figuratively - by a single, current political race.

Question - is there a way to apply some sort of macro filter so that not a single article will appear that contains "McCain," "Obama," "GOP," "Republican" or "Democrat"? I know it's a long shot of a question, but I am so sick of what digg has become now that I'm about to give up on it altogether.

Thanks for your time.

2. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

You could subscribe to the RSS feed and then you can filter that in your RSS reader of choice.

3. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that. I'll give that a try.