can you do this in mail...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashinhead, Sep 20, 2007.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I made a smart mailbox that i call the 'respond to email' folder. the rule is basically that all flagged messages go there, as i go through my mail in the morning, i flag the ones i need to respond to. But i want to make another requirement that changes the status of the message to unread when it moves the emails into that folder. how would i do that?

2. reubs macrumors 68000

I was thinking you'd have to go to prefs and make a rule for it, but it doesn't appear you can make a rule that says any message that is flagged should be marked as unread. Kind of annoying.

BTW, I like your smart mailbox idea. I just set one up just like so I don't forget to get to those important e mails!

3. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Well, a smart mailbox is not really a folder, so the message never actually gets 'moved' there - it's just filtering on the flag. With the message highlighted a Command-L followed by a Command-U will flag it and mark it as unread. Not automatic, but pretty quick to do. Even quicker would be if you set up a hotkey to do both using something like Keyboard Maestro