Can you edit fitness data?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by x-evil-x, Jul 1, 2015.

1. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

I noticed miles off way off on treadmill usage cause you don't always keep your arms down like a normal walk or run(resting on the side). Can you change data like miles? based on the treadmill stats which are more accurate.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You are able to edit data in the health app but do not think you can from an exercise.

3. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

i tried that but it doesn't seem to add in data into the watch fitness app for miles or anything

4. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

I'm sorry...how are treadmill miles more accurate? If it's like mine at the gym, it's not calibrated to my stats like the watch is. It gets wear and tear every day. Even my old fitbit was off according to the treadmill. I've learned to use one or the other method for tracking. Either I will use what the equipment says and write that down and log. Or rather use my Apple Watch and workout even harder to smash those damn activity rings. LOL.

Treadmill took the longest to calibrate for me cause I did not swing my arms. However placing the phone in my pocket instead of resting it on the machine helped it more quickly.

5. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

Wouldn't a treadmill know how many rounds the band have gone?

6. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

Yea I'd assume the treadmill knows exactly how far it's gone. With a watch and resting your arms on the side for half the time not actually walking normal it was way off and always will be. I won't have my phone on my 100% of the time so I don't know if walking with my phone on a treadmill a few times will help accuracy in he long run?
    Apple watch was off over a mile from the treadmill numbers

7. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

I'm by no means an experts, but i know many and have work with trainers. That said treadmill belts could wear out or stretch over time, but that with regular maintenance, a mile on the treadmill would be the same as a mile run outdoors. The question is...are they maintained. At my gym, I never see them being worked on unless it's broken. LMAO> Treadmills also don't take your form and running efficiency into account. From what I read, the general consensus of regular runners is that treadmills are in no way, shape, or form accurate.

8. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

I'm with you. I am. By no means is the Watch perfect. But what about stride? I walk a mile with someone and because I have a longer stride, the mile post we walk I'm always short.

9. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

thats true but even then id assume it would be a hell of a lot more accurate than a watch if you don't walk normally(resting hands on the sides or front no swaying). Same thing for the stair stepper i don't know how well it measures it probably nothing good besides heart rate.

10. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

What's even stranger is that the cycle and the elliptical are damn well equal when I workout. Sometimes even more.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If the treadmill were accurate it would be accurate no matter what stride. But the AW needs to be calibrated and would not be as accurate. Most treadmills are not calibrated so I am in doubt of its accuracy either. Most fitness places run their equipment until it will no longer run paying little attention to it accuracy.

12. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

Yep. Exactly what I said a few posts ago.