Can you enlarge application menus w/o changing display resolution

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mightyjen, Jan 3, 2010.

1. mightyjen macrumors newbie

Hi-

I recently purchased a 27" iMac running 10.6.2 and have installed CS4 only to find that the application toolbars/palettes
    are really small at the default 2560 x 1440 display resolution.

If I decrease the display to 1920 x 1200, my application toolbars/palettes are legible and a comfortable size to use, but then
    the screen is not crisp and nice as the 2560 x 1440....and frankly not pleasant to create graphics in.

Is there any workarounds or solutions to this either through the Mac OS or individually through the Adobe Apps?
    And yes, I'm sure glasses are in my future regardless!:)

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

2. chill. macrumors 6502

3. mightyjen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I did check out that thread, but the very few comments about the font size were more specific to the Mac OS; ie: the finder windows etc.

I did download TinkerTool, but it only has an option for font size in Applications and it does not affect the menu/palette size at all.

For example, in Photoshop, I am having a hard time distinguishing the icons in the tool menu without sitting extremely close to the monitor, much less clicking on the right icon consistently as they are so squished together at 2560x1440 resolution.

I've heard rumors of screen resolution independent UI that would allow me to scale my application interfaces without affecting my screen resolution; does anyone know if there is a reliable 3rd party app that works not just on the Mac OS or on fonts?

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Basically it's not possible because the menubar has a fixed height.
    Your best bet is to use the zoom function when needed. To zoom in any app or on the desktop hold CONTROL and scroll with the mouse ball.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can enlarge the UI font size in Photoshop in the Preferences.

Maybe this helps a little bit.

[​IMG]