Can you exchange 5s colors at Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shockwave78, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Can you exchange 5s colors? And yes i know some of you will say that is the color i bought and should be stuck with it, but that's not going to happen.

To make a long story short, i have had a gold already, went to a black and now want to go back to gold. The original gold was on Verizon. The black was on a new AT&T account i created. After two years of a white phone i can't seem to get used to it, the black face just looks like a huge oily finger print now lol.

Anyway..is there anyway to exchange in store for another color? I doubt it but i figured i would ask anyway.

My alternate plan would be to open a new line, pick up the new phone. Log into AT&T account and transfer my phone number over to that phone(if need be) and then return the old one a couple days later and cancel that line. I asked AT&T in a chat and they didn't seem to care, but seemed confused also as to why i just wouldn't exchange it in store.

The only thing that worries me is that on a new line of service like the new black phone i had on AT&T, they cancel your line automatically if you return the phone. I am hoping adding a second line and returning the original would pass over this.

Any input appreciated.

2. rockitdog Suspended

If purchased from Apple store you have 30 days to exchange for any reason without any penalty.

As far as dealing with AT&T, you should be able to take your black iPhone back and exchange it within 14 days and pay a $35 restocking fee which seems easier than opening a new line of service which seems shady and a lot of work just to get a new color iPhone.

Seems like you have trouble making up your mind. :rolleyes:

3. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

ya just called they said they could exhcange it if the color is in stock, which it won't be.

I think what i am going to do then is place an order online for a second line of service, then tell them at the store that i want to exchange it when i go pick it up. If not then then i will just open the second line.

I am opening 3 more lines in a couple months to transfer a few more people over to my account, if it was a 16gb that i had i would just keep it and give it to them, but its a 64gb and they have no use for it.

Oh well, i will see what happens.

As far as the not making up my mind thing, oh well....my problem not yours :rolleyes:

4. erure macrumors regular

I had the silver 5s the first day but when verizon let people with unlimited data upgrade, I took that chance and ordered a gold 5s (still hasn't arrived yet). The 30 days with the silver 5s would be over before I got my gold 5s, so I returned the silver 5s within the 30 days and asked if they had any verizon 5s in stock. They didn't, so I got a 5c to use in the meantime. So maybe you can do something like this? Exchange the 5s for 5c and check back until they have the gold 5s and exchange the 5c for the gold 5s.