Can you exchange Ipods at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by NTSKennyD, Jun 23, 2007.

1. NTSKennyD macrumors newbie

I bought an Ipod (30 GB) Black Last week when I bought my macbook pro. The ipod is constantly losing its charge...sometimes it cuts on and I hear music but the screen is completely blank. Also, my macbook pro does notice it sometimes. I have never dropped it or anything and I have it in a hard protective case. I am going to try and exchange it and I wanted to know if I needed the box the Ipod came in or if I can just bring the Ipod? Also, how is Apple with these kinds of exchanges..are they pretty lenient? Is it even possible to walk in and exchange it? Oh yea, I bought it at an apple store.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Yes absolutely, even if the iPod is not recently purchased. I had to drop my iPod off, they tested it for certain things, determined a defect, and gave me a refurbished iPod a few days later. Since you JUST bought it i'm not sure if the process will differ, but if something is wrong the store will most certainly do something for you in terms of an exchange or whatever.

4. NTSKennyD thread starter macrumors newbie

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I highly doubt it but if you have the box it doesn't hurt to bring it. If you have any receipts I'd certainly bring those.