can you exchange mbp replacement at apple store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Feb 6, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

getting my replacement 2.66 c2d mbp 15" on tuesday in the mail in exchange for my early 2008 that's a lemon. either way, still really happy to have a unibody and probably don't need the arrandale power (especially for a technically free replacement) but can i take it to an apple store and exchange it for an arrandale if it comes out this tuesday? or maybe even next tuesday?

only thing is its an advanced replacement so i have to ship them back the early 2008 in the retail box of the unibody mbp. so it would have to come out this tuesday so i can do box for box exchange then ship them back early 2008 in the arrandale exchanged box.

would apple stores allow this? i technically have an order number but i haven't paid for the machine since a customer service rep set up the advanced replacement after all the problems ive been having. if not, i'll be more than happy with the new computer, but just curious on what insight you guys have.

thanks a lot.

2. Super-Jay macrumors newbie

So your old macbook pro broke and they sent you a warranty replacement? If so you can't exchange it for the 6.1 pro because it's a warranty replacement. Even if it was an advanced exchange they won't do it.

But as you say your happy with a new mac anyway, i got mine the beginning of January. Little sad now seeing the benchmark news, but it's still an awesome machine :)

3. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

4. Super-Jay macrumors newbie

same I just use mine for word,internet and some windows visualization.nothing intensive like video editing or anything like that,enjoy your new mac.

5. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

how sure are you though that you can't do a swap? wouldn't it work because i have an order number?

6. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

Very doubtful. Even a slightly on-the-ball store employee is going to take one look at the history of the machine on the computer and decline you as soon as they see that it's a replacement unit.