Can you Explain to me about Battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jauhari, Dec 3, 2010.

1. jauhari macrumors regular

jauhari

I was read from Apple Source here
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

They said
    Use iPhone Regularly
    For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).​

My Question is "then completely running it down", does it's mean we use this phone until this phone self turn off/shut down? or it's mean something else?

2. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

You can do, I usually do it then plug in the dead phone knowing it's pretty much 0% to 100%.

Running it till it dies isn't damaging, since it's never truly 0%

3. jauhari thread starter macrumors regular

jauhari

Until it dies, does we need keep it dies in one - five hours until the battery totally zero? Like we all know, on MacBook/Pro/Air if we want calibrate the batteries.. use it until it dies and keep it unplugged for 5 hours.. does we need do the same on iPhone 4?

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yes, you can calibrate the iphone battery the same way you would calibrate a macbook battery.

5. Sedulous macrumors 68020

Sedulous

I used to observe the recommended battery maintenance, and not that I recommend ignoring Apple's advice, but it has never made much difference for me.