Can you „feel“ the lighter Titanium vs. Stainless Steel?

the future

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2002
The weight difference between Aluminium and Steel was/is very noticeable, in the hand as well as on the wrist. The difference between Titanium and Steel will be almost exactly half as noticeable. So, a nice middle ground between the heft and premium feel of the Steel and the airyness of the Aluminium. Also, saphire crystal glass and 2 years warranty (3 with Apple Care). Sounds like a winner to me.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Hey,

what do you guys think, is it really „lighter“ on the wrist?

Currently I wear the Watch 4 in 40mm but planning going back to the bigger model.
You’re talking a difference of 7g between the stainless and the titanium, that’s a fairly significant difference in weight. You should be able to tell, and the 316L stainless is a fairly dense metal as it is.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
You can typically feel a ten percent or greater difference.

As to whether it’ll really matter? I don’t think so. As I runner I noticed the aluminum vs stainless steel weight difference very easily. Hasn’t made any difference though.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I honestly can't even feel the difference between aluminum and stainless steel once the watch is on my wrist. If I was blindfolded - I would have no idea which watch I was wearing between my ss 4 and my aluminum 4.