Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diddiyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
central jersey
hi,

i was wondering if the performance of the ipad mini is good enough to hook it up to a TV from time to time and stream HD sports etc via the NHL/NFL apps. my first generation core duo macbook runs out of steam at when watching HD streams... i'd rather have the mini than the regular ipad because of the size. not sure though if the performance is up to par.

thanks in advance

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
hi,

i was wondering if the performance of the ipad mini is good enough to hook it up to a TV from time to time and stream HD sports etc via the NHL/NFL apps. my first generation core duo macbook runs out of steam at when watching HD streams... i'd rather have the mini than the regular ipad because of the size. not sure though if the performance is up to par.

thanks in advance

streaming it via what?

iPads starting with the 2 and up, are capable of streaming HD videos via Air Play just fine. any stuttering would solely be due to a slow router or a congested home wireless network

cedunn21

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2011
I use my mini to stream various programs (The Walking Dead, Bates Motel, etc...) from the network's app in HD and it works great! Occasionally I have to restart the app after an advertisement but other than that works fine!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.