Can You Get a New iPad From Apple Because of Color Temperature?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tones2, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Tones2 macrumors 65816

I purchased an iPad 2 from Best Buy on Monday and as I noted in another thread, the screen has a VERY noticeable yellow tint which really distorts the color pallet on the device. It's night and day different from the fairly neutral screen I had on my iPad 1.

I don't want to return it to Best Buy and then have to potentially wait another 2-3 weeks for a new one, especially given the risk that the new one could be the same. So my question is - has anyone tried to get a replacement at an Apple Store (not a return, mind you) because of a yellowish color tempurature, and if so, did they exchange it?

Yeah, I know I can just go there and try, but my local store is pretty backed up with appointments and I'd rather not have to take the time to schedule and go all the way there if they are not going to replace it.

Tony

2. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

If the temperature/color difference is THAT off, it's most likely a defect.

The iPad 2 craze is far from over, unless you get lucky, and they have replacements in stock, you still have wait more than likely, for the replacement, I got a replacement work order for bleeding and dead pixels earlier today, estimated at 1-2 weeks :( as long as you just want a exchange/replacement you can take it to the Apple store, if you want to RETURN, on the other hand, your best bet is BB.

3. Tones2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you get to keep your OLD iPad for that 1-2 weeks?

Tony

4. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Yes you do, then when they call you for the replacement you just switch em.

5. Tones2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Very cool. Then I guess I have nothing to lose by trying. :)