Can you get refunded for your original bumper plus get a new case for free?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 1stAppleFanEver, Jul 25, 2010.

1. 1stAppleFanEver macrumors newbie

2. Jeneb86 macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone on launch day. I didn't purchase my bumper until July 3rd, I walked into the store bought the bumper with my cc and left. Friday I received an email confirming a refund has been processed (I am still waiting to see it in my account). Shortly after I got am email telling me to download the case program app and select my free case. So I did. I am not sure if that is going to cancel my refund for the bumper or not but I would assume not since according to apple the refund has already been processed.

3. johnnybgood15 macrumors 6502

That wouldn't called stealing and make you a thief....

4. coasterider macrumors regular

5. rafter.shop macrumors newbie

Are you offering the information for others to use? Or are you asking for confirmation so that you can try? Or are you asking for permission?

Either way....I cannot wrap my brain around the idea of this post.

I remember someone posting about how he scammed the system to get more than one launch-day iPhone 4 at subsidized pricing. His intention was to sell on eBay for profit. No word on his success or failure. Maybe he realized what he did was wrong....or more likely he decided not to publish anymore information about the fraud he committed.

I am a father and a teacher. I am sometimes shocked about what my students perceive as fair and honest. But they are kids and my job is to teach explicitly and by example.

On the job - and now here - I feel obligated to call it like I see it.

What you are suggesting is wrong....plain and simple.

<now jumping off the soapbox>

6. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

7. khakiman macrumors member

khakiman

Should remove

Mods..you should remove this thread.

8. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

[​IMG]
    Khakiman DEMANDS it.

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

10. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

In other words, can you get a free case and steal another one while you're at it?

11. Martinsalas310 macrumors regular

Just don't do it it if u have any common sense..

12. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

Dishonest people do this. If you are one, you'll do it.

13. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

he’s right. Satan is comin boy. You betta git runnin.

14. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Here is what I am confused about. I bought two bumpers on seperate occasions. I got the email about getting a refund for the bumper after I heard about the case program and applied for a case. Then I went to check on the status of the bumper refunds, and according to the Apple site, not only did they process the purchase for one, but both bumpers. :confused:

When I looked at the fine print regarding the bumper refunds, they do not have any clause there that says you are only eligible for one refund. It basically says that if you purchased a bumper and used a credit card, Apple will automatically refund you the purchase. Looking into this more on here, I have seen others reporting the same thing. One person had bought like 4 different bumpers and got refunds for all of them. Another person bought a couple and got refunded and even called up Apple care regarding this. They were told that, yes, this is correct and that they would be refunded for both bumpers and get the free case of their choice. So I really don't know.

I am wondering if Apple is having to do this because initially when the antenna issue came to light, a lot of people were calling up Apple care and being given bumpers for free at that time already. Maybe this is why Apple decided to refund all bumper purchases. :confused:

As to the free case program, I don't know. I don't care if they cancel the case for me. I am fine with the bumper refund. I just wish they had made this all a little more clear. No where in reading the terms of agreement for the free case program (which I actually did read prior to signing in for it) does it state that you are not eligible for the program if you already bought a bumper and got a refund. I also don't know why Apple did not give people who purchased a bumper the ability to apply for the refund. Why did they just go about it automatically? I think that if they had everyone sign into the app, then apply for either a free case or a refund for prior bumper purchase, this would have been a lot clearer and would have prevented all of this.

15. albert1028 macrumors 6502

I wonder if they had planned financially for those who did purchase bumpers as well as get a new free case through the bumper order app. Maybe they view it kinda like the concept of rebates, they know that some people will apply for them but not everyone. So everyone here is happy. I don't think apple would forget this point that many people seem to be in.

16. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Yes. It's under the buy a bumper, get two free clause.

17. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Yep, I don't think Apple really cares. Yes, it is a lot of money if you multiply the retail cost of the bumpers times the millions they are giving away, but it would be huge headache to figure out who really bought a bumper for their iphone and figure out how many they bought vs. the number of iphones they bought etc.... It's just easier to refund all bumper purchases and allow custoemrs w/o bumpers the ability to get a bumper using the app. It's basically the honor system. If you got a refund on a previous bumper purchase then you shouldn't use the app to get another free bumper.