Can you guys give some feedback on my website?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tkepongo, Jan 2, 2008.

1. tkepongo macrumors regular

tkepongo

I just created a website for my fraternity a couple days ago. The profiles under the "Roster" page all have the same information except for three (my profile is under Tony Pham if you were wondering). Can you guys give me some feedback please? I want to have this nicely polished before I write a proposal for publishing it on our official website.

http://web.mac.com/tkepongo/Tau_TKE/Welcome.html

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

The one thing I'd do is clean up the jaggies on the paddle image of the "More About TKE" page. It just stands out to me as a little less polished than everything else on the site.

3. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Along with the jaggie paddle I'd just give the text a quick re-read as well. I noticed a few grammar mistakes. This is only a minor thing though, looks good to me.

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Ouch, the red text on the charcoal grey background hurts my eyes. Take a look at the page again and observe how the red text jumps back and forth on that background. Not cool. Maybe try a lighter color for the text?

5. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I think its good.

One really nit picky thing is I don't really like the layout of the links at the top of the page. It seems unbalanced having long terms like "Welcome" and "News/Events" and the on the left while on the right there are short words like "Roster" and "Photos"

My suggestions- something like...

Change "Welcome" to "Home"
    Change "Events/News" to just "Events' or just "News"

or

Keep "Welcome"
    Change "Events/News" to just "Events' or just "News"
    Change "Photos" to "Pictures"

I will say the white on charcoal text is a little harsh but not bad and I don't think its a huge issue.

6. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

7. tkepongo thread starter macrumors regular

tkepongo

i used iweb 2008 and a 60 day .mac trial (i'll have my fraternity pay for it)