Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tusalena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
I've searched for days.

I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 8gb itouch, used ipodtouchmaster and ziphone for updating and breaking.

I cannot get my mail to work I get the Cannot connect using ssl, gmail account verification failed.

Tried deleting account
replacing mail account
changing pref to 755
turning off ssl

any other suggestions..I'm getting desperate

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
I've searched for days.

I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 8gb itouch, used ipodtouchmaster and ziphone for updating and breaking.

I cannot get my mail to work I get the Cannot connect using ssl, gmail account verification failed.

Tried deleting account
replacing mail account
changing pref to 755
turning off ssl

Since ipodtouchmaster thinks he is the expert on hacked ipods, maybe you should contact him. I'd personally suggest that you Restore to original and wait for the SDK applications. They'll at least be sanctioned by Apple and should work without problems.

tusalena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
I've also tried ziphone with no luck there. all the other apps work just fine. I did have mail at one point, but lost it when I changed my summerboard. Even without summerboard installed, still no luck.

Plus I presume I would have to pay for the sdk app's from apple? I think I've paid enough, and missed the deadline for the "free apps" by 2 weeks. I don't want to have to pay $20 everytime something new comes out

tusalena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
This happens only on my School's WiFi, and my iPod isn't jailbroken.

It doesn't matter where I am, at home or work, still no connection.

Any suggestions on how to fix??

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
I've searched for days.

Tried deleting account
replacing mail account
changing pref to 755
turning off ssl

This happens only on my School's WiFi, and my iPod isn't jailbroken.

It doesn't matter where I am, at home or work, still no connection.

Any suggestions on how to fix??

Well, is it or isn't it?

tusalena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
my itouch is jailbroken

have done it at least 4 times and every time I set it up the mail does not work.

I was responding to the previous guy who said his did not work at school.
I'm new to posting..sorry for the confusion

If I did by the app's from Apple, can I still have a jail broken itouch with the other app's?

I'm looking at that route now, as I can't seem to get this one solved.

Thanx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.