Can you have mobile.me and microsoft exchange on the same iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by londondude, Jul 3, 2008.

1. londondude macrumors regular

If you have .mac for home use and you use microsoft exchange for work can you have both (with push facility) on one phone?

2. retrospek macrumors 6502

retrospek

I would like to know the same thing - as I need Exchange for work and MobileMe for home..

I would hope it would work !

3. semi5 macrumors newbie

I hope they make it easier to switch between two different mail accounts. Currently it takes about 5 taps of the screen.

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

As others have said, yes you can. A unified unbox would be nice but don't hold your breath...

5. semi5 macrumors newbie

A unified inbox would be awesome, or atleast the ability to add a second icon to the homescreen for another mail account.

6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Ofcourse you can... but they will appear as two separate accounts...

Here's the stupid bit.. All your Exchange contacts will be on your iPhone and these will all get synced to mobileme.. so will your calendar etc etc.

7. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

You can choose which account you want your contacts/events to come from.

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Think you might be mistaken about that - MobileMe contacts and Calendar events are kept separate and can be displayed unified or not. However, if you have Entourage set to sync to Calendar and AddressBook, and then you have iSync syncing those to .Mac (MobileMe), you're going to get in a bit of a mess...