Can you have multiple users on mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Asipper, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Asipper macrumors newbie

Can you have multiple users on mac

If yes explain :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Yes. Just go into System Preferences, then Accounts. You can setup multiple user accounts from there.

3. devburke Guest

Absolutely, just like you can in Windows.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

macosx103-1-1.png

I wasn't able to get a screencap of the last one, so I did a Google Image Search. But just like Windows, you can also use Fast User Switching (meaning allowing more than one user to be logged in at once).

4. Asipper thread starter macrumors newbie

5. devburke Guest

Of course. Each OS X account can be set up with a different iTunes account. If you mean having two different iTunes Store accounts on one OS X login, you could, you'd just have to keep logging out of one and into the other. If you mean two different libraries entirely but still in only one OS X account, that's doable too. Just hold down Option while iTunes is opening and you'll get this dialogue:

Picture 1.png

6. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Setting up multiple users gives each user access to only the stuff they use. If user 1 has 20,000 tunes and user 2 has 500, they don't see each others. It's a real lifesaver on a school system with users taking different classes.

Dale

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

8. andrewsky macrumors newbie

user accounts

this imac4,1 is slow and now dvd does not work.tried to fix by changeing user acounts but just ended up creating a new acount.we are trying to speed it up but

9. andrewsky macrumors newbie

help mac

what to do??? ive been trying to figuare out how to fix this mac but every thing is different.also how do i talk on form???is this how you ask quastions???

10. andrewsky macrumors newbie

o k i see whats up

this easy kool..can any one tell me what i should do for this mac? (hard drive kind of full, dvd does not work because of it,) also defraging is realy scary when you are new to mac.i got free diskdefrag online but it seems to be the same disk utilitys i already have .wow, whats up..