Can you have the iphone ship to a fedex/UPS location?

STOCK411

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
If I dont want to risk putting the pre-sign notice on my door, can I request it to be shipped to the closest UPS/Fedex location and pick it up from there?

Thanks

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
You have to be careful with this though. With UPS at least if you have them hold it at your local distribution point you can pick it up on Friday. If you have them hold it at a UPS store it probably won't be available for pickup until Monday. I tried to do this for my last Apple release and UPS said that it takes an extra day to sort it separately for a store.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
If I dont want to risk putting the pre-sign notice on my door, can I request it to be shipped to the closest UPS/Fedex location and pick it up from there?

Thanks
Sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager and UPS My Choice and if the shipper allows it, you can redirect it online as soon as you get a tracking number using DM or MC depending on the carrier.

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
You have to be careful with this though. With UPS at least if you have them hold it at your local distribution point you can pick it up on Friday. If you have them hold it at a UPS store it probably won't be available for pickup until Monday. I tried to do this for my last Apple release and UPS said that it takes an extra day to sort it separately for a store.
Right, a UPS Store might ad a day

Kinkos, I think you get it same day as delivery, as with a UPS depot.

Reactions: Chupa Chupa

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
That is what I do every year. Make them hold it at the UPS location so I can pick it up early in the morning.

Once you get your tracking number, do it on UPS.com

Packers1958

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
What's nice is Fed Ex has teamed up with Walgreens, so if you are close to a Walgreens, where you work or whatever, they will hold it there.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
For Los Angeles do they use Fedex or UPS?

Past few years Apple has used mostly used UPS. Sign up online for a MyChoice account and you can easily manage your shipment from there. Once your phone has shipping the delivery options button will go live. From there -- if Apple allows -- you can arrange to have it delivered to a nearby UPS Store, a neighbor, or a different address. You can also schedule (extra cost or free with premium) a two hour delivery window.

Tip: Google for a MyChoice Premium coupon. You can usually find one offering 3-4 months for $10. Great to have this time of year. You get two free 2 hour delivery windows, a free redirect, and unlimited upgrades to ground service from whatever the UPS to USPS service is called -- saves you a day. Make sure you opt to not auto renew (that is the catch).

FedEx has a similar free account with app. Really great. Often you see the tracking number before its even posted on the merchant's site. Handy to have accounts at both companies.