Can you help find the ULTIMATE hard case?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xisforextreme, Jun 14, 2009.

1. xisforextreme macrumors member

xisforextreme

Hello folks, it's been a while since i last posted!:D It's good to be back though!

Anyway, to the matter at hand.
    I will be attending a festival this July (Roskilde) and circumstances have dictated that it has become necessary for me to take my dear 13" white macbook with me (not my first choice).
    As this is a camping festival and I plan to travel afterwards, I need some means to protect my baby whilst it's in my big rucksack - ideally from direct pressure, moisture and knocks and bumps. This case needs to be strong, perhaps metal, so that it can take the weight of other bags and indeed some inconsiderate person sitting on it.
    I'm looking for a had case that fulfils these criteria whilst still being slim enough to allow me to put the whole case in my bag. I've had trouble finding anything which is water resistant, however, I do have a dry bag which I can put over the case to make it more water tight.

Any advice, suggestions or feedback are welcome.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. imthekuni macrumors member

I currently own a Speck hardcase for my old blackbook. I couldn't be more satisfied with it. Whenever I remove it to clean the dust off my mb it looks brand spanking new. Albeit I still take pretty good care of my mb, its still an overall good (durable case)

4. fpar macrumors regular

I also have a speck satin but am disappointed with the build quality, you may want to try the incase hard shell, from what I hear it has is a much more solid hard case.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Here is a metal case for MacBook if you really something like that. I don't know were you can get one or how much they cost but that should protect your MB from almost everything

6. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

After owning a Speck. I couldn't be happier with my two Incase Hardshells.

8. xisforextreme thread starter macrumors member

xisforextreme

Thanks for all the responses! Astrosfan - that mactruck case looks SOLID. I'm pretty sure you would need armor piercing rounds to even dent it! :eek:

9. friareunuch macrumors member