Can you help me brainstorm

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gooberton, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Gooberton macrumors 65816

so here's the deal.. I ordered a white 64gb X from Best Buy that arrives tomm. I really wanted a 256 but the date was nov 25 so I went 64, but now I'm regretting it kinda. Is there any way I can get a 256 instead of the 64? Also if I open and use the Best Buy phone does that screw it up? I need a new phone I've been struggling with a dying 5s on its last leg
    Lastly.. can 64 in any way be manageable ?

2. formicaman macrumors newbie

Depends on you if 64 gb is enough. If you want 256 you'll have to re-order

3. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

That's my question, there must be some work around

4. BrettDS macrumors 65816

Of course it can. I ordered a 64G X and I have no regrets. I’m using about 32G on my 7+ right now and don’t expect my usage to go much higher than that during the year I’ll have my X.

How much space are you using on your 5S right now? That’s probably the best indicator of how much space you need.

5. BrettDS macrumors 65816

There is no workaround. Apple (and Best Buy) literally sold all of the iPhones that were allocated for preorders. There is no reserve of 256G phones set aside for people who changed their mind about a 64G phone.

The only options you have are to wait in line and see if you can snag one of the launch day phones, see if you can find someone who bought a 256G phone who wishes he had a 64 and trade, or cancel and reorder and wait a few weeks.