Can you help with this warning?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BLDun, Jan 25, 2009.

1. BLDun macrumors regular

I upgraded my iMac to Leopard and my wife has a tile game she likes to play called Farmers Mahjongg. When she tried to play it the tiles all disappear when you click on the first one. I went to the web site and tried to download an update and I keep getting this warning each time I click on download:

/Users/barrydunlap/Desktop/JwzJTmBZ.exe.part could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder.
    Change the folder properties and try again, or try saving in a different location.

Any ideas?

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I don't really have a good idea about the inability to save, but I did want to note that the file that you referenced has an .exe suffix. That would indicate that it is a Windows file in the first place, so if you are not currently running Windows through Boot Camp or via Parallels or Fusion on the Mac, the file is not really going to help you out.

3. BLDun thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I though too. However, I downloaded that same file to my MacBookPro and it works fine. Someone suggested I repair permissions and see if that helps so I'm doing that now.