Can you jailbreak 4.3.5 with RedSnow 0.9.9b8?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kdesign7, Jan 11, 2012.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

As the title says - I am curious if I am able to jailbreak an iphone 3gs on 4.3.5 with the redsnow jailbreak?

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

I am sure you can, but you should use the latest redsn0w. See http://blog.iphone-dev.org/tagged/redsn0w

Also, on 4.3.5 you will get a tethered jailbreak, which is a pain. It is strongly recommended to upgrade to 5.0.1 and get an untethered jailbreak.

Use the latest redsn0w to read off the SHSH blobs before upgrading, then you can probably go back to 4.3.5 if for some reason you regret the upgrade to 5.0.1 (although the differences are not that great).

3. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you so much for your speedy reply! The reason I was asking is, there is a girl in my class that wanted me to Jailbreak her 3gs, but she was only on 4.3.5... Ill mention her to Upgrade to 5.01 that way I can jailbreak her phone, and it wont be a tethered jailbreak!

They are a pain - I had used a Tethered jailbreak for the first time while I was on 5.01. It wasnt the BEST of times, but it worked for the time that I used it!

Thanks!

4. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

And there we had SemiTether. I am not sure that works on 4.3.5.

Happy jailbreaking :)

5. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

Aaah, today's youth... I remember when all you needed was a cool "Member's Only" jacket and a def compilation "cassette" tape to woo a girl's fancy in school. Now you have to know how to JB her cellphone to do it. Progress ;-)

6. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

What can I say... I strive to make the ladies happy! LOL